KNOXVILLE (WATE) – A structure caught on fire Tuesday morning in Knoxville.
Knoxville firefighters responded to the fire at 1136 Massachusetts Avenue around 10:40 a.m. The two-story triplex had two lower units occupied.
One of the residents did not know there was a fire on the above floor. Crews forced entry to evacuate the man.
Two dogs and a pet bird were also evacuated from the building.
Crews say the fire started in an unoccupied unit upstairs.
There were no reported injuries.
For the latest news, weather and video, download the WATE 6 On Your Side app.