A three-year-old boy was killed in a house fire Tuesday morning in Madisonville.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office says they and the fire department were called to a fire on Belcher Road just before 9:30 a.m. The house was fully involved when they arrived.

A three-year-old was killed. Two others were taken to the hospital by ambulance and another taken to the hospital by personal vehicle. All three have been released.

The Tennessee Fire Marshal has determined the cause of the fire was accidental. The child’s name is not being released per the family’s request.

Faye Deneau is his great-aunt. He was a precious little baby. He was three years old. He was mischievous, but I loved him, Deneau said. 

Tuesday, she was overwhelmed with emotion.

My neighbor came over, knocked on the door and said my brother’s trailer was on fire. By the time we got out here, the flames were gushing out the windows and the doors and everything else, Faye Deneau said. 

Deneau said her brother, his wife, their son and grandson will move into a trailer next door. She said it’s been vacant for a while, and they’ll be in need of a lot including beds, a stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer, linoleum and paneling to move in.