Four people are being taken to the hospital Tuesday afternoon for possible carbon monoxide exposure at an East Knox County business.
Crews were called to Holston Valley Engineering on Commission Drive around 5 p.m. Rural/Metro says seven people initially complained of being lightheaded, dizzy, nauseous and with cherry red skin from possible carbon monoxide poisoning, but only four are being taken to the hospital.
Rural/Metro spokesperson Jeff Bagwell says CO levels in the building were within normal limits after ventilation. He says the company had reportedly left a forklift running in the building all day, emitting CO fumes.
WATE 6 On Your Side has a crew on the scene learning more details.