4 taken to hospital for carbon monoxide exposure at East Knox County business

Local News
monoxide_1527025943212.jpg

Four people are being taken to the hospital Tuesday afternoon for possible carbon monoxide exposure at an East Knox County business.

Crews were called to Holston Valley Engineering on Commission Drive around 5 p.m. Rural/Metro says seven people initially complained of being lightheaded, dizzy, nauseous and with cherry red skin from possible carbon monoxide poisoning, but only four are being taken to the hospital.

Rural/Metro spokesperson Jeff Bagwell says CO levels in the building were within normal limits after ventilation. He says the company had reportedly left a forklift running in the building all day, emitting CO fumes.

WATE 6 On Your Side has a crew on the scene learning more details.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter