ROCKY TOP, Tenn. (WATE) – A 4-year-old was apparently shot in the face by a 9-year-old sibling on Sunday, but the injuries were not life-threatening, the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office said.
The shooting happened at a house near Rocky Top around 6 p.m. on Sunday, the Sheriff’s Office said.
The Sheriff’s Office said surgery may not be required for the 4-year-old, who was transported to UT Medical Center by a Lifestar helicopter. No charges have been filed against any adults. The Tennessee Department of Children’s Services is also involved in the case.
- Alcoa finishes regular season 9-1 with victory over Dobyns Bennett
- Football comes full circle: Mays brothers reunite on the Tennessee offensive line
- Haunted Tri-Cities: Newport building linked to tragedy, haunting and a conspiracy
- Pres. Trump, Biden appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Florida woman in labor refuses hospital until husband drives her to polling place first