MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Blount County Sheriff’s Office is asking citizens to be wary of yet another phone scam involving a criminal claiming to be an officer with the “Blount County Police Department.”
This comes after someone reported they were called by someone saying they were scheduled to appear in court today and needed to send money to the caller in order to avoid jail time.
BCSO saying it will never call an individual and tell them they need to send money, nor will they ask for personal or financial information on the phone.
- Tennessee gov to sign tougher penalties for some protests
- Two new Sevier County schools nearly ready in time for upcoming school year
- Saloon 16, Peyton Manning’s bar & restaurant, opens its doors in Knoxville
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- FBI ‘extremely concerned’ for missing mother of toddler found wandering alone in Florida