KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The 7th annual Big Kahuna Wing Festival celebrated the creation of the “Buffalo Wing” 55 years ago with a large crowd of festival-goers on Sunday at World’s Fair Park.
One of the first-time booths attracting attention was from the Karns High School culinary program. The secret ingredient in the high school program’s wings is peanut butter.
TRIVIA FACT: The “Buffalo Wing” was invented in 1964 at the world-famous Anchor Bar by Teresa Bellisimo, according to the Big Kahuna Festival website.
- Middle Tennessee marina on fire after a boat explosion
- One man suffering severe injuries after Sunday morning shooting
- One hospitalized after Saturday night shooting
- Spirits high on campus after UT’s first win of the season
- Tennessee hands UT Chattanooga 45-0 shutout