KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The 7th annual Big Kahuna Wing Festival celebrated the creation of the “Buffalo Wing” 55 years ago with a large crowd of festival-goers on Sunday at World’s Fair Park.
One of the first-time booths attracting attention was from the Karns High School culinary program. The secret ingredient in the high school program’s wings is peanut butter.
TRIVIA FACT: The “Buffalo Wing” was invented in 1964 at the world-famous Anchor Bar by Teresa Bellisimo, according to the Big Kahuna Festival website.
- Driver sustains minor injuries after vehicle flips over freeway ramp
- Man catches 112-pound catfish in Mississippi River
- All Florida school districts must reopen campuses next month, Dept. of Education says
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- Dalai Lama turns 85, releases first album