KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Actor and musician Billy Bob Thornton performed Thursday night as part of a concert series at World's Fair Park in Knoxville.
Thornton performed with his band the Boxmasters as part of "Music Feeds," a concert series that runs through October benefiting Second Harvest.
Thornton shared what he and the band like about playing in Tennessee.
More details: World's Fair Park to host new summer concert series
"The state of Tennessee, you know, has a huge impact on anyone's music. We're a rock and roll band, but we're still fans of early days Nashville. But especially Memphis. Memphis has had a major impact on music," he said.
The next concert is this Saturday, featuring Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
BREAKING: Tennessee Highway Patrol...
Principal honored by school students...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Principal honored by school students for first appreciation day
- Former USA Gymnastics head Steve Penny out on bond from Sevier Co. Jail
- Local businesses getting hyped for Vols vs. Alabama game
- Dozens of new U.S. citizens take oath at Pigeon Forge High School ceremony
- How a Knox County 8th grader's poem changed his teacher's life
- Female lion kills father of her cubs at Indianapolis Zoo
- Traffic way to reverse temporarily on Wall Avenue for garage repair Sunday-Monday
- Dems struggle with Trump's approach to culture war
- Attack in Afghanistan is a reminder of formidable task
- Trump: Saudi arrests in Khashoggi death 'a good first step'
- In full campaign mode, Trump calls Dems 'too extreme'
- Russian woman charged in first 2018 election meddling case
- Trump's campaign mode revives fiery immigration talk
- Alaska's independent governor drops re-election bid