KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The bridge at the east end of Collier Drive near Veterans Boulevard is closed to all traffic. The Sevierville Police Department announced the closure of the busy roadway Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Sevierville Police Department, the temporary closure to all traffic is needed as the ongoing work to repair the bridge continues. Barricades are in place at the intersections of Collier Drive with Ridge Road and Veterans Boulevard.
- Some districts take new ‘test and stay’ approach to minimize student quarantine
- US lawmakers concerned about negative impact Instagram has on teens’ mental health
- Pfizer says its COVID-19 vaccine works in children ages 5 to 11
- ‘She touched the world’: Families release statements after body believed to be Gabby Petito found
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Fall Equinox this Wednesday!
The bridge is set to reopen in the afternoon on Friday, Sept. 10.