KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Congressman Tim Burchett (R-Knoxville) believes the recently passed stimulus bill should be vetoed.
“We need a coronavirus relief bill with no strings attached, and President (Donald) Trump should veto this bill,” Burchett said in a statement.
“Struggling families and small businesses get pennies while billions of American taxpayer dollars are sent overseas. My colleagues and I need to get back to Washington and work through Christmas to make this right.”
Burchett has represented the 2nd District of Tennessee since January 2019, after spending 16 years in the state Legislature. He serves on the House Budget, Foreign Affairs, and Small Business committees.
- Local pizzeria to donate all profits from Tuesday through Saturday to Austin-East Magnet High School
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video