Campbell County home a total loss following early-morning fire, no injuries

Local News

LAFOLLETTE (WATE) – No injuries were reported in a house fire that happened early Saturday morning in Campbell County.

The house fire happened in the 200 block of Prestige Ridge Road at 2:24 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters with the Campbell County Fire Department say the home was fully involved.

A spokesperson for the fire department says the smoke alarm woke up everyone and they were able to get out safely.

Firefighters were on the scene until 6:45 a.m. The home was a total loss.

A spokesperson for the fire department says that this shows the importance of having a working smoke detector. He says in this instance, it saved lives.

https://www.facebook.com/campbellcountysheriffsoffice/posts/1346442458862113?__xts__[0]=68.ARDoZzwrBiMh3wnGD90tNP2CBGkuJXQ2rv5pFyfM7mkBe8CYCUAMU7859FlKa47ft7_hdv09ZerLzhaGV6PQWbpSnsTyUAWjb3i9wHnx9foYqON0MBG1wB7VFaeetlqsFDZIScLWc3LVheVe8EIE-S-b35G7G3t2OK11PQFRm6jtB_wtYqvKHxSiqeLwdmLJDtUcnmTE9PumYv0ESiMFnBjniRDI1coVREG4mv8m3fh5r0h8PtTVm-QVEgoHa3oLxYuLQpSCrJqrY68wOHWamJ7tuPDRhGXGyidpwRvVKt9Vg3o1Yam-veGXcu4Bd76VKla7lGFtEpLnyQyy5Ty8AyMXy7W-2fXQf6yrRyZD00S1TXYJqaAxyiAZDsP9M56OgIqR6O21bcoCI4-QvEM6CYPDpeWAlBcj48gpq6AZNebJoQlVIhgrhnWDL_d0MBwnCxDjfSfpM7eYu7ULJvSad5Gen1yVMBU3qXJXQYRCPaC2yRDH17-xuxkNhHeA&__tn__=-R

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter

Trending Stories