KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Care Cuts of Knoxville has been providing services for people experiencing homelessness for several years.
Services included showers, grooming and supplying hot meals part of their mission.
But like everything else, the pandemic has changed the way they operate; some basic services like haircuts have stopped for now.
“We are not able to cut hair right now – to get their hair cut,” founder Marti Baker said.
To continue its mission, Care Cuts of Knoxville is always looking for help. If you would like to volunteer, visit their website.
Volunteer positions needed currently include registration, clothing, food service, hospitality and teaching stations.
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19
- Knox County small business leaders back Board of Health
- GOP expecting Trump to name Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court