COALFIELD, Tenn. (WATE) — According to Coalfield High School’s athletic director, Keith Henry, the Yellow Jackets’ head football coach for 12 years, passed away Saturday morning.
AD Shawn Basler asks to keep this community in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
Coalfield, led by Henry, made it all the way to the state semifinals and finished the season with a 12-1 record going undefeated in the regular season.
He also coached Tennessee Titans Mr. Football winners Zach Stewart (OL, 2013-14) and Parker McKinney (QB, 2017). Henry coached at Coalfield from 2008 to 2020.
- Karns community mourns the death of beloved barber Clark ‘Sparky’ Walker
- THP: Three injured in collision with tower that resulted in widespread outages in Oak Ridge
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- A year after Wuhan lockdown, a world still deep in crisis
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say