NEWPORT, Tenn. (WATE) — Two people are recovering after being shot from outside their home while they were sleeping.
The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched around 4 a.m. Thursday to 4611 Canton Grove Road in Cosby. When officers arrived Aaron Lowery told officers that he and his girlfriend, Althea Ball, were asleep when he heard a loud boom from outside the residence.
He told the CCSO that he started having chest pain and relized he was bleeding from his chest and that Ball had been grazed by a bullet. Upon futher investigatoin the officers found that someone shot through the bedroom window of the residence.
Two small children were also present in the home but they were uninjured. Lowery was flown to University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment.
No other information was given and the investigation is ongoing.
- Anderson County to move forward with fireworks show
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Sevier County: Mask mandate decision may be determined by Monday
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Gatlinburg urges residents, visitors to practice social distancing when watching July 4th fireworks show