Cocke County woman dies in house fire

Local News

A Cocke County woman died Friday after her home caught on fire, according to the Cocke County Sheriff’s Office.

The house fire happened on Sweeten Road in Parrottsville.

The sheriff’s office has identified the woman as Nora Allison. An autopsy was preformed and it was determined she died due to smoke inhalation.

The sheriff’s office believes the fire was accidental and was caused by a discarded cigarette.

No foul play is suspected.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter