KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Hardin Valley Academy community is in mourning after losing one of its educators.
In a letter sent out to HVA families, we learned that assistant principal Ken Dunlap passed away unexpectedly.
Dunlap, a Knoxville native, had been an educator for 34 years and had been working at HVA for the past three years. He also spent time at Central, Powell, West, Halls and Karns high schools.
He was also coach of the 1987 state championship Greenback girls basketball team in Loudon County.
The school is providing counselors to any students who needs support.
According to a Facebook post on the Hardin Valley Academy page, Dunlap was an accomplished artist and taught watercolors at the Fountain City Art Center and the Oak Ridge Art Center.
- Vaccine demand slowing as milestones reached
- It’s not too late to see the Lyrid meteor shower
- Earth Day 2021: Here’s how NASA is studying the planet
- 40 finches found concealed in hair rollers inside man’s luggage at JFK Airport
- DC statehood approved by House in party line vote; faces long odds in Senate