KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Knox County grew by two on Saturday to 209 with active cases at 25.
The total number of recovered cases rose to 180 from 179. Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after seven days from their onset of symptoms, plus 72 hours of being symptom-free. Recovered does not mean necessarily the person had to be hospitalized.
Active cases in Knox County rose to 25 on Saturday, up from 24 on Friday.
Of the 209 cases, 31 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness. This figure does not reflect the number of patients currently hospitalized in the county.
Seven cases currently require hospitalization.
Thursday marked the first time Knox County Health Department has included a “current hospitalizations” statistic. The number includes Knox County residents at any hospital.
The number of deaths in Knox County from coronavirus remains at four.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. on covid.knoxcountytn.gov.
The Health Department will have a free COVID-19 testing event at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the parking facility.
- Coronavirus Timeline: COVID-19 case count rises in the state; phased reopenings continue
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks
- Community holds celebration for COVID-19 survivor
- Coronavirus: Tennessee reports 22,566 COVID-19 cases and 364 deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County Health Department reports 58 active cases, 391 total
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 31
- Lake of the Ozarks pool partier tests positive for COVID-19; hundreds potentially exposed
- Senior center operates feeding program in Bell County, Ky.
- Gov. Lee, state requiring COVID-19 testing at long-term care facilities
- TN Coronavirus: Case count is 22,085 with 14,965 recoveries
- CDC now projects more than 123,000 coronavirus deaths in US by mid-June
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County Health Department issues first red light on reopening benchmark
- Wait over for some on Tennessee unemployment benefits, but issue remains for others
- Some Knox County Public Library branches preparing to reopen