POWELL, Tenn. (WATE) - Rescue crews worked to save a cow from floodwaters Sunday afternoon.
An area humane society responded to reports of a cow that had been trapped since Saturday night. The Hooves & Feathers Animal Humane Society worked with the Knoxville Volunteer Emergency Rescue Squad and other first responders to bring the bovine to safety.
The cow's owner surrendered her to the humane society for care. She was taken to the University of Tennessee's College of Veterinary Medicine, and we're told likely has pneumonia.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- KBrew opens West Hills location Saturday
- ICE official: Immigration crisis to blame for overcrowding outside Knoxville facility
- Monitoring your credit report and score: What to know
- 'They're teaching me,' Local teens inspired by Vols hoops success
- Oak Ridge 'Battle of the Badges' blood drive to benefit Children's Hospital
- TBI releases photos, asks for help to identify man found dead along Douglas Lake
- 6 Things to know about Spin scooters in Knoxville
- 5 suspects at New Mexico compound face terror charges
- Trump says public should see 'ridiculous' Mueller report
- After the fall: How to take advantage of lower rates
- GOP senators defend McCain as Trump goes on attack again
- European, Canadian regulators to do own review of Boeing jet
- APNewsbreak: Police say immigrant suspect killed for drugs
- USC's new president ready to 'fix' school after scandals