Rural Metro fire crews responded to a fire at PSC Metals on North National Drive on Friday morning after a shredder caught fire.
Rural Metro Fire spokesman Jeff Bagwell said the shredder is used to take cars and shred them into fine particles. However, if there is a battery or fuel tank with fuel still inside, a fire can ignite.
Bagwell said conveyor belts and electrical lines were damaged, but no injuries were reported. Rural Metro fire crews were able to extinguish the fire on the second level.