KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department has reported they’ve taken the subject they attempted to serve a warrant to at a northwest Knoville home earlier on Thursday, into custody.
Knoxville Police Department had several units and crisis negotiators at the scene of a home on Ohio Avenue in order to serve a warrant, but the scene was cleared and the subject wasn’t located at that time.
Earlier on Wednesday, KPD asked people to avoid Ohio Avenue in the northwest corner of the city after attempting to serve a warrant to a person “known to be armed.”
The department had multiple units and crisis negotiators at the residence off Sherman Street near Texas Avenue in an attempt to make contact with an unidentified person. KPD tweeted the information just before 3:45 p.m.
Police also said that they believed the subject was inside the residence at that time but didn’t have confirmation.
- Mississippi man encourages others to get vaccinated after losing leg to COVID-19
- ‘I should have gotten the damn vaccine,’ Las Vegas father of 5 who later died of COVID texts from hospital bed
- It’s time to retire these 5 tired travel myths
- USA’s Berry: ‘I’ve earned the right to wear this uniform’
- Outdoor drinking party in athletes village is investigated
This is a developing story. Download the WATE 6 News app for updates sent to your phone.