KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Lemaricus Davidson has been on death row aince October 30, 2009, and Gary Christian has been waiting for the day he's executed.
"I hope that they will get Davidson to that point as soon as possible," said Christian.
Davidson was given two death sentences for the murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom. The Knox County couple was carjacked, raped, tortured and murdered in January 2007.
While Davidson is still on death row, Christian says he hopes the family of seven-year-old Paula Dyer will get their justice Thursday with the scheduled execution of her rapist and killer Billy Ray Irick.
"What he did, he got what he deserved and it's time," said Christian. "I hope that everything goes off without any intervention."
Petitions have been signed and appeals have been filed in attempt to stop Irick's execution. Those opposed describe the lethal injection protocol as unethical and inhumane. Christian says he disagrees.
"I've got some pictures I'll show them of what pain is," said Christian. "Laying on a cot and some chemicals going in your arm, if that's too painful, what would they say to me about what was done to Channon?"
Christian says while he hopes Irick's execution brings peace to Paula's family, it may not bring closure for them, just like Davidson's may not for him.
"There's certain things that will bring closure too, but there's families' loss. Nothing will bring closure to that," said Christian.
Washington, DC Metro employee charged...
Vol fans revisit historic win against...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Vol fans revisit historic win against Florida in undefeated season
- Knoxville man to be part of documentary as he battles cancer
- Group protests outside Pence event in Knoxville
- Pence, Blackburn attend Knoxville conservative conference
- Harriman man arrested for allegedly defrauding elderly
- Sevierville police warn of mystery shopper scam
- Detroit heroin dealer sentenced to additional 31 years after Bearden murder
- AP sources: Rosenstein spoke of possible secret Trump taping
- Northern California authorities arrest alleged serial rapist
- Cruz, O'Rourke trade attacks during testy 1st Texas debate
- GOP to Kavanaugh accuser: Reach deal or panel votes Monday
- AP NewsBreak: DHS Secretary says FEMA head won't lose job
- New evacuations ordered because of Florence flooding
- The Latest: Trump says Kavanaugh born to be on Supreme Court