KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Dairy Farmers of America, a national dairy cooperative, is stepping up to help food banks across the country.
The DFA announced the launch of its Farmers Feeding Families Fund, hoping to raise $500,000 for community food banks.
Of that money, $10,000 is to be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee.
The DFA has also hosted drive-by milk giveaways at schools and donated milk directly to food banks in some regions.
- Is it safe to flush toilets during severe flooding?
- Is a used electric vehicle a bargain or a trap?
- Video shows Florida helicopter crew rescuing man, grandmother from Sanibel Island
- Venezuela releases 7 jailed Americans, including former Knoxville Marine
- Dolphins QB’s injury raises concerns among former NFL players