OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE)- A deer hunter was seriously injured early Saturday morning in a boating incident on Melton Hill Lake, near Oak Ridge Wildlife Management Area.
TWRA officers say three deer hunters were looking to hunt Oak Ridge WMA. Officials say they launched an aluminum boat at Solway Boat Ramp and headed towards the management area in dense fog.
Christopher Beckler, 47, of Cleveland, Tennessee, was ejected from the boat after it ran aground. Officials say Beckler was in the front of the boat using a spotlight to help navigate through the fog.
Dawson Beckler, 21, the son of Christopher, was operating the boat. Christopher Beckler was thrown into the water near the shoreline and was knocked unconscious.
Beckler’s son and a third man, Glenn Swafford, 52, jumped in to rescue him.
Christopher Beckler was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center with head and facial injuries. He is expected to recover.
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Protesters dispersed by smoke bomb as protesters vandalize, set fire to Metro courthouse
- Tennessee Vols running back, Tim Jordan, arrested in Polk County, Fla
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Protesters march to Capitol Hill for George Floyd
- Homicide investigation underway after shooting victim shows up at UTMC
- PHOTOS: SpaceX rocket ship blasts off into orbit with 2 Americans