KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – One person was killed Sunday night when their car was going the wrong way on Middlebrook Pike and struck a tractor-trailer, Knoxville Police said.
The name of the victim is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, Knoxville Police said Monday morning. There were no other injuries reported as a result of the crash.
The wreck happened around 10 p.m. A 2002 Honda Civic was driving west in the eastbound lanes of Middlebrook when it struck an Eagle Transport tractor-trailer.
The driver of the Honda was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Prosecutors describe racist slur as Ahmaud Arbery lay dying
- Tracking the Tropics: Cristobal weakens to tropical depression before move back to Gulf
- WATCH LIVE: George Floyd memorial service in Minneapolis
- Deputy fired in Tennessee after ‘open fire’ comment
- Police make 3rd arrest in damaged Nashville courthouse