SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Officers working to make an arrest at a house in Seviervillle found more than they expected and had to use tear gas in the process.
The Sevier County Sheriff's Office says they followed a vehicle to a home in the Belle Meadows subdivision they identified was being driven by a wanted man. Deputies and Sevierville police officers went to the home where they found the suspect in the garage area.
The suspect said there were several people in the home and identified one who was wanted for six felony warrants in Sevier County.
Officers tried to get the others to come out of the home, but they would not. The homeowner, Shown Tamaddoni, eventually came out, but would not cooperate with officers.
Eventually some of the people inside the home came out, but others still would not. Tear gas was deployed and officers went in to get the rest out.
A total of 19 people were arrested, four of whom had outstanding warrants for various charges. All 19 were charged with prevention or obstruction with the service of a warrant. A Harley Davidson motorcycle reported stolen in Pigeon Forge was also found and a vehicle was seized as part of a narcotics investigation.
The following people were arrested:
- Gena E. Shultz, 28. of Sevierville
- Brian Rigsby, 23, of Sevierville
- Kasie Lowers, 30, of Sevierville
- Peni Sagliano ,23, of Sevierville
- Patrick R. Rich, 35, of Sevierville
- James M. Seaton, 62, of Sevierville
- Clinton Cartwright, 26, of Sevierville
- Matthew D. Stallings, 31, of Sevierville
- Joseph Trites, 37, of Sevierville
- Brittany N. Sims, 27, of Sevierville
- Daniel L. McFalls, 22, Seymour
- Brianna N. Yarbrough, 25, of Seymour
- Shown Tamaddoni, 46, of Sevierville
- Katarina C. Pink, 23, of Sevierville
- Robert J. Demgard, 28, of Sevierville
- J. Stanley Bird II, 31, of Knoxville - Charged with identity theft, criminal trespassing, and violation of community corrections
- Jennifer N. Ball, 32 of Kodak - Charged with violation of probation
- Dalton R. Tellinghuisan, 27, of Sevierville - Charged with outstanding capias for non-appearance on several felony charges, four capias from general sessions court for non-appearance, and violation of pre-trial bond conditions
- O'Del C. Bouloutas, 38, of Deer Lodge - Charged with capias for nonappearance in general sessions court
Officers say they are familiar with the home after calls there in the past. They say they also found seven or eight pets during the operation.
Pigeon Forge seeking police officers
Tennessee Theatre welcomes 2...
- One dead in single-vehicle crash in Loudon County
- GSMNP: Newfound Gap Road back open after fatal crash
- Knoxville soldiers, families enjoy family day ahead of deployment
- Accidental shooting outside Knoxville bar
- East Tenn. expert shares cave exploration tips after Thailand rescue
- Firefighter treated for heat exhaustion after South Knoxville house fire
- Family remembers life, legacy of Stanley's Greenhouse founder
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Amid investigations and tensions, Trump-Putin going 1-on-1
- Jared Kushner's family firm accused of pushing out tenants
- Prime time: A day of deals at Amazon, and at its rivals
- In TV interview, Trump says queen called Brexit 'complex'
- AP Analysis: Billionaires fuel powerful state charter groups
- US firm tried to enlist ambassadors to help Russian company
- Kushner tenants: We were pushed out for luxury condo buyers