SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The Sevier County Fire Department says they are continuing to work a structure fire Saturday afternoon on South Blvd.
A captain with the fire department says there were apartments behind the structure that was on fire. They thought about evacuating the apartments due to the wind, but decided the apartments were fine.
The Sevierville Police Department is reporting that South Boulevard is still closed due to a structure fire.
The police department reported via Twitter that South Boulevard is closed from the Parkway to Hollywood Circle. Nearby apartments are being evacuated. Police are urging people to avoid the area.
This is a developing story. Stay with WATE 6 On Your Side as more details become available.
- WATCH: NFL Draft prospects ready to take the big stage
- Knox County Schools board of education approves budget
- Nashville teens with troubled pasts cook for, serve NFL stars, Draft prospects
- Northview Senior Academy student taken into custody after alleged threat
- Knox County elementary school awarded Budding Botanist Grant
- Ride sharing companies finding ways to counter NFL Draft road closures
- Worried Knoxville parents vaccinating early amid East TN measles case
- Court to hear Washington challenge to Trump abortion rule
- Texas executes avowed racist in black man's dragging death
- Illinois boy found buried in shallow grave; parents charged
- Some women of color frustrated by Biden's expected 2020 bid
- The Latest: Missing boy's body was buried in shallow grave
- The Latest: Trump says White House to fight House subpoenas
- Woman, 2 children die in North Texas flash flood