Fire engulfs Harriman mobile home attachment after gas jug knocked over

Local News

HARRIMAN, Tenn. (WATE) – A fire to a Harriman mobile home attachment at a residence was started after a man smoking a cigarette knocked over a gasoline jug.

According to investigators, two people, a man and woman, were inside the home at the time of the fire. The man was smoking cigarette and knocked over a gasoline jug, starting the blaze. Both people escaped, but the woman  suffered a laceration on her arm on the way out. 

Investigators say they weren’t sure how the cut happened. The woman did not go to the hospital. 

The residence is a trailer with an attachment, the fire was in the attachment.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire out of the main part of the trailer, which had some exterior damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter

WATE 6 Storm Weather School
A Paw-sitive Note