KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Monday marked the first day of court sessions for the new Knox County Criminal Court Judge, Kyle Hixson.
Judge Hixson replaced Judge Bob McGee, who had held the position since 2008.
Hixson, who was sworn in on New Year’s Day, was appointed by Governor Bill Lee last month to fill the vacancy left by McGee’s retirement.
He becomes only the fifth judge to serve in the second division of criminal court since its creation in 1970.
- Protesters gather to oppose Knox County mandates
- Woman killed in Greeneville apartment fire, according to police
- Early voting continues Monday, new voting center opens on UT’s campus
- Steelers dominate early, hold off Titans for 27-24 win
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states