KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A former Knoxville Ice Bears player and his wife have been charged with stealing $152,000 from a Powell business.
David and Heather Segal are accused of felony theft of property by forging checks totaling $152,000 from National Custom Printing in Powell, according to arrest warrants.
The forged checks were deposited in the couple’s joint checking account and in David Segal’s plumbing business account.
The thefts came to light during an audit of the company in December 2018.
Heather Segal was a bookkeeper at the company from March 2016 until December 2018.
- Pigskin Preview: Farragut
- Downtown Sevierville business owners share how streetscape project, pandemic has impacted business
- Plane skids off runway in India; 14 killed, dozens hurt
- Postal Service loses $2.2B in 3 months as virus woes persist
- Family of slain TDOC employee feels ‘joyful,’ one year later