CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) – Former Norris Police Chief Samuel Wayne Ogburn was booked Wednesday at the Anderson County Jail on charges of forgery and aggravated perjury.
He is being held on a $25,000 bond.
The charges result from a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation probe into officer training for 2018, according to Seventh Judicial District Attorney General Dave Clark.
The Anderson County Grand Jury returned an indictment this week against Ogburn, 42, for alleged forgery and aggravated perjury on May 9, Clark said in a news release.
Ogburn left the Norris Police Department after the TBI investigation began.
An arraignment is set for Jan. 31 in Anderson County Criminal Court.
- ‘I can taste the air’: Photos show smoke from Canadian wildfires lingering over Capitol, obscuring NYC skyscrapers
- McCarthy dismisses threat to Speakership: ‘Not worried’
- California, Texas make legal moves against Florida migrant flights
- Magical production of Tinker Bell comes to Knoxville
- Kids can learn about plant life, gardens at summer camp