KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center held an open house and ribbon-cutting event on Friday for its new emergency department.
The new, state-of-the-art expansion means the department has doubled in size and now includes 53 beds as well as a CT scanner.
Officials saying at the open house it’s important to have a facility available for the increased needs of the community.
The expansion is slated to open officially on March 7.
- Maryville College will resume in-person classes in fall, end earlier
- State AG plans absentee ballot appeal after blasting Nashville judge’s ruling
- Downtown Emporium Center reopening with ‘Summer Members Show’
- Safety precautions Clinton football is taking while practicing
- ‘All have never meant all’: Knoxville Area Urban League continues calls for use of force changes