SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Sevierville Police have arrested four people who are accused of vandalizing campaign signs.
The first incident happened Sunday morning at the Sevier County Election Building, where red spray paint was found on six campaign signs.
Then, later in the day, investigators found an anti-abortion sign and small wooden crosses had been vandalized with red spray paint.
A local Walmart store helped police identify who had allegedly purchased the red spray paint.
Bailey Brackins, 22; Chelsey Ogle, 22; Jazed Ucles, 23, and Joshua Jones, 21, face charges of felony vandalism, causing more than $1,000-worth of damage.
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors