KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The fourth victim in a stabbing spree that claimed the lives of three truck stop workers has been released from the hospital, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation confirmed Wednesday.
PREVIOUS: Three workers fatally stabbed at Knoxville truck stop, suspect shot and killed
Idris Abdus-Salaam, 33, was shot and killed by a Knox County Sheriff’s Office deputy after fatally stabbing three women and hospitalizing a fourth at a Pilot Travel Center on Strawberry Plains Pike near Interstate 40 in East Knox County early Tuesday.
The three deceased victims were all employed at the Pilot Travel Center. They have been identified as:
- Joyce Whaley, 57
- Patricia Denise Nibbe, 51
- Nettie R. Spencer, 41
The fourth victim was a customer at the truck stop and has not been identified.
The Knox County District Attorney’s Office announced following the shooting that local officials have agreed that the TBI will conduct all officer-involved shootings investigations related to Knox County and Knoxville law enforcement agencies.
- What’s the most affordable way to travel in 2023?
- Supreme Court will hear ‘Trump too small’ trademark dispute
- Americans are waiting longer and longer to get married
- Show off your best Dolly Parton glam this weekend
- Hormone patches or creams for menopause symptoms may have lower blood pressure risk than pills