KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — There’s new security protocol at a Knoxville gas station with a history of crime; this, thanks to a partnership with the Knoxville Police Department.
A KPD spokesperson says there’s a high number of calls for crime at the Weigel’s at East Summit Hill Drive in Knoxville.
Fed up with the number of stabbings, robberies, and shootings, management turned to KPD.
Through KPD’s Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design Site Surveys, a free program that will help make local businesses safer.
KPD officers come in and look for vulnerabilities at a business or place of worship, and then look to amend them, making it a safer environment.
“We want these businesses to succeed, we want them to minimize crime as much as possible.”KPD
- Photos: Trump baby protest blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Former, current players & recruits react to firing of Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt
- South Carolina man wanted after taking selfie with John C. Calhoun statue during Capitol riot