GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is hiring for its seasonal trail maintenance staff.
The National Park Service Department of the Interior posted the positions stationed in Gatlinburg and Cherokee, North Carolina, last week. The positions are expected to be popular. The applications will remain open on the USAJobs.gov website until Dec. 29, or until 175 applications have been received for each position.
Salary for the two posted positions starts at $18.55 and $20.99 per hour, according to the website posting. The typical seasonal period for Great Smoky Mountains National Park is March through October, but can vary due to weather conditions, project needs or funding.
Duties of the job include assisting in the maintenance and construction of graded and paved trails, trail drainage, trail bridges, and guard rails.
The second position includes masonry, carpentry, motor vehicle and equipment operation. Maintenance workers will assist with preserving historic structures and bridges on trails.
- Local lawmakers speak ahead of Tuesday’s special session on the 2021-2022 school year
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace