UPDATE (3:25 p.m.) — A man is now facing charges for the death of a shooting victim Tuesday that arrived in a personal car at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.
Knoxville Police have charged Rodney Harris, 48, with the death of Ronnie Turner, 64. According to police, Turner arrived around 2 p.m. Tuesday at the hospital with a gunshot wound. He later died.
Police investigators were able to determine the shooting occurred in the 1300 block of Brookside Avenue and obtain warrants for Harris. He faces charges of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder and aggravated assault.
KPD officers and members of the U.S. Marshals Smoky Mountains Fugitive Task Force were able to take Harris into custody around noon Wednesday.
The investigation remains ongoing at this time.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville Police are investigating after a gunshot victim died at a local hospital shortly after arriving in a personal vehicle.
Knoxville Police responded to Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center around 2 p.m. Tuesday for a call about a man who had been shot. The victim was pronounced deceased shortly after arriving at the hospital.
Violent Crimes Unit investigators responded to the scene to begin the investigation, which remains active and ongoing at this time.
Anyone with information relevant to the investigation is urged to call the KPD Crime and Drug Hotline at 865-215-7212. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Can at-home DNA tests predict how you’ll respond to your medications?
- Missing toddler found sleeping on her dog, miles from Michigan home
- 6 dead after train crashes into family’s SUV in Florida
- Traffic tickets can be profitable, and fairness isn’t the bottom line in city courts where judges impose the fines
- EV batteries degrade faster in hot weather: What owners can do