MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A man who donated $100,000 to Hiwassee College is now asking for his money back.
Last May, Hiwassee College closed after being in operation for more than 170 years – leading to student outcry, confusion and protests.
According to court documents, in March, William Harmon, a doctor from Maryville entered into an oral contract with the college to pay $100,000 to help build a library area.
The suit says Harmon paid the money in April.
The suit also claims the college did not use the money to build the library and won’t — since it is closing, so the school is in breach of contract.
Harmon is asking that once the sale of the college is complete that he be repaid his money.
- UT police seeking man wanted for questioning for vehicle burglary, fraud
- Knoxville Polar Plunge raises money for Tennessee Special Olympics
- GALLERY: Knoxville 2020 Polar Plunge
- THP releases statistics following Crossville sobriety checkpoint
- Burger King testing out French Fry Sandwich