Homeowner believes unattended candles started Knoxville house fire

Local News
ridgedalefire_1530242029565.png

The owner of a house that caught fire Thursday night in Knoxville believes candles that were left burning in an upstairs bedroom were the cause.

The Knoxville Fire Department says they were sent to a home on Ridgedale Road off Western Avenue around 8:40 p.m. They found flames coming from the roof.

Crews had to divert their attention from putting out the fire to stopping people from going back inside to retrieve family pets.

The homeowner told fire officials she believes she left candles burning in an upstairs bedroom and that may have started the fire.

Two of the eight people who live in the house were home at the time. No injuries were reported. The fire department’s chaplain is assisting the family.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter