KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Interstate 40 is open in both directions in downtown Knoxville after an overturned tanker truck carrying hazardous materials has been cleaned up.
The wreck was reported shortly before 5 a.m.
Crews have been working for hours to upright and offload the tanker truck, which was transporting hazardous materials.
The tanker truck, which ended up leaning against the median, was transporting acrylic acid, which did not leak out, said Captain DJ Corcoran of Knoxville Fire Department.
Interstate 40 East is closed at Interstate 640 on the west side of the accident, Nagi said.
There were reported injuries in the wreck, but there has been no update on how many or the condition of those hurt.
The wreck involved the tanker and another vehicle, according to Corcoran.
This is a developing story that we will be updating.
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits
- New UT Director of Athletics Danny White’s coaching hires have proven successful