KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Road projects on Interstate 40 this weekend could cause traffic delays.
In Knox County, ramps will be closed at eastbound James White Parkway Exit 388A and the westbound Papermill Road/Weisgarber Road Exit 383, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
On Saturday, the I-40 East ramp to James White Parkway (Exit 388A) will be closed and on Sunday, the I-40 West ramp to Papermill Road/Weisgarber Road (Exit 383) will be closed.
These exit closures will take place between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day. This schedule is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
In Jefferson County, bridge repairs are being done on I-40 West on the bridge over State Route 113 near Exit 424 and the bridge over Zirkle Road.
This work requires I-40 West to be reduced to one lane. The off-ramps to Exit 424 will not be affected. This work will at 7 p.m. start Friday and will be complete no later than 6 a.m. Monday.
Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in these area as workers will be present, TDOT said.
These schedules are contingent on favorable weather conditions.
- Cleanup efforts underway after violent Nashville protest
- PHOTOS: Damage to Metro Courthouse after ‘I Will Breathe’ riots
- Tennessee This Week: A conversation with Sen. Becky Duncan Massey
- Tennessee ends May with 23,006 coronavirus cases
- Sheriff takes off helmet, joins protesters in Flint