JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Jefferson City Police Department said a good Samaritan stepped in and stopped an ongoing assault at a Bojangles on Broadway Boulevard.
JCPD says a male and female were arguing outside of the restaurant around 2 p.m. Tuesday.
At one point the female attempted to escape from the male, but then 25-year-old Michael Shelton reportedly slammed her to the ground and began to strangle her and dragged her around.
A bystander in the drive-thru noticed the assault, and exited his vehicle and pointed his pistol toward Shelton and ordered him to stop.
Shelton stopped and was eventually arrested and was charged with aggravated domestic assault and aggravated kidnapping.
The female victim was then transported to a local hospital for treatment.
- Tennessee’s search for new football coach will cost $120,000, expenses
- Kingston Pike, Concord Street closed as law enforcement serves warrant to man wanted in New York
- Sweet Valentine’s Day fundraiser returns for 2021
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- ‘We have got to stay the course’: Knox County commissioners, public health officer speak on delayed health board vote