KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A former Knox County middle school teacher will not receive judicial diversion on her sentence for identify theft.
Ashley Wright was sentenced in July 2018 for the crime and appealed the sentence. The court of criminal appeals reversed the sentence based on procedural grounds and ordered the sentencing be conducted again.
On Friday, Wright had her request for diversion denied at the resentencing, and because her sentence was 2 years probation, her case was deemed complete and over.
In September 2017 court records show she went online and applied for credit cards using other people’s information and spending thousands of dollars on the cards.
- Maryville-based Denver Hunt Company seeking carpenter
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Coronavirus: Maryville College moves to reduced operations for the remainder of the week
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance