KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A 15-year-old boy is being held on two juvenile petitions for aggravated assault and weapons violations related to a shooting incident in October.
According to Knoxville Police, a 12-year-old boy was shot in the lower leg on the night of Oct. 26 at a residence on Rosedale Avenue. The suspect, 15, was taken into custody around 3:30 p.m. Friday.
The preliminary investigation determined that multiple shots were fired from a light color SUV traveling on Rosedale Avenue. Following the shooting, the suspect vehicle fled in the direction of Dandridge.
The victim, a 12-year-old male, was transported to an area hospital for treatment for injuries that were not life-threatening.
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- Former Knox County commissioner accused of assaulting process server, punching dog twice
- Trooper-shooting suspect killed in NY shootout with US marshals
- Body found on recycling center conveyor belt is not the first such case in Texas