KFD: Children playing with matches near container of gasoline causes residential fire

Local News

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — No injuries were reported from a residential fire on Saturday, according to the Knoxville Fire Department.

According to a news release, crews responded to the 4300 block of Angola Road for a fire. When crews arrived, they found the fire in the attic. Crews were able to handle the flames.

KFD confirmed the cause of the fire was due to children playing with matches near a container of gasoline under a wooden deck attached to the home.

“The flames quickly grew out of control, climbed the exterior walls of the home, burned through the eaves and then into the attic,” KFD said in a news release.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter