KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Fire Department responded to a fire at an abandoned house at 9:40 a.m. Thursday in the 1600 block of Central Street.
The KFD found heavy smoke coming from a Victorian-style home near Oldham Avenue.
According to KFD Capt. D.J. Corcoran a business owner adjacent to the structure told firefighters that he had seen homeless there on several occasions and thought there might be someone inside.
Firefighters searched the property and no individuals were found. The fire has since been brought under control.
- TDOT planning work on I-40 in Jefferson County through weekend
- PHOTOS: K-25 History Center opens in Oak Ridge
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- Gov. Bill Lee introduces legislation to allow people 21+ to carry handguns without a permit
- Puppy becomes guide dog to sister who can’t see or hear