GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – TWRA showcased a monster catch from Monday by a Kingsport man, who hooked this, “Mack Daddy Musky,” on the Nolichucky River.
The legend of Luke Herndon’s catch grows as he caught the muskie while on a kayak below the dam at Davy Crockett Reservoir.
Muskie are part of the pike family and typically measure 28 to 48 inches in length and weigh 15 to 36 pounds, but this one is a bit bigger.
TWRA says Herndon fought the fish for 30 minutes before grabbing a quick photo, and releasing the muskie back to the water.
Keep fishing Luke!
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- 1 dead, 14 injured following shooting at Aiken nightclub
- Small Business Saturday proves to be even more vital this year for area businesses
- Girl scouts place outdoor food pantries across Shelby County
- FedEx flight makes emergency landing after explosions heard over Memphis; no injuries reported