KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee this Friday will try again to provide a tasty way to help older adults in the area.
The CAC is hosting a “Doughnut Drive Thru” from 8:30-10:30 a.m. Friday after being rained out on Aug. 21. Seniors can drive through the John T. O’Connor Senior Center parking lot, 611 Winona St., and get information from Veterans Services, Knoxville Area Transit, financial assistance and even fill out the 2020 census from their car while enjoying coffee and donuts.
Attendees are asked to wear a mask and remain in their call during the event.
- Board of Health votes to push 10 p.m. curfew to 11 p.m.
- ‘Energy capital of the nation’ reacts to new climate orders; mayor says she’s ‘ready to talk’ to Biden
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names