KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County leaders announced plans on Monday to build a new park to honor our veterans.
The park will be situated across from the East Tennessee Veterans Cemetery on Governor John Sevier Highway near the Tennessee River.
The county is putting $250,000 into this project while working with the Legacy Parks Foundation and hopes to start work in 2021.
In addition to the memorial park, there will also be an ADA-approved trail and a more advanced hiking trail.
The Legacy Parks Foundation says it has $1.2 million in fundraising yet to go.
- Maryville-based Denver Hunt Company seeking carpenter
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Coronavirus: Maryville College moves to reduced operations for the remainder of the week
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance