KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Board of Health plans to convene Friday to discuss what other jurisdictions are doing about COVID-19 and to discuss options for this area.
WATE 6 On Your Side reporter Jordan Brown will be following this meeting along.
No votes are scheduled, only discussions, according to the meeting agenda. However, this meeting comes at a critical time in the county as COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to rise.
The meeting will begin with an update from Dr. Martha Buchanan on the Knox County Health Department local situation. Buchanan is the senior director of KCHD and the public health officer representative on the board.
- KCS: Cedar Bluff Preschool moving to ‘red attendance’ starting Jan. 19 through at least Jan. 25
- Powerball Jackpot increases to $730 million, 3 winning tickets worth $50,000 or more announced locally
- Faith leaders to address COVID-19 vaccine distribution among African American community
- Tennessee This Week: Rep. Burchett on Pres. Trump’s second impeachment
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday