KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A proposal from County Commissioner Kyle Ward seeks to create a committee on health and economic well-being independent of the Knox County Board of Health.
The proposal was listed on the Knox County Commission’s work session agenda released Thursday afternoon.
According to the agenda, the proposal would serve as an advisory group to the Knox County mayor and Commission on any topic regarding the physical, mental or economic health of Knox County citizens.
It would also share findings and recommendations with the Knox County Health Department and the board of health.
The next work session for the Commission is set for 5 p.m. Monday in the assembly room of the City-County Building.
- Board of Health votes to push 10 p.m. curfew to 11 p.m.
- ‘Energy capital of the nation’ reacts to new climate orders; mayor says she’s ‘ready to talk’ to Biden
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- ‘Farewell for now’: Olympia beer pausing production after 125 years
- San Francisco votes to remove Washington, Lincoln from school names