KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County e911 said they are experiencing some phone issues due to unexpected outages.
The local service said Knox County residents are asked to call 865-215-1179 in the event a 911 does not get through.
E-911 Director Brad Anders said that they’ve had intermittent issues today and those are not believed to be tied to an explosion that occurred Friday morning in front of the AT&T office in downtown Nashville.
Some local utilities are experiencing power outages due widespread snowfall in East Tennessee on Thursday.
- CMA Fest in Nashville canceled for second consecutive year
- Tommy Woods, ETSU’s first African-American basketball player, to be inducted into Tennessee Sports Hall of Fame
- East Tennessee expected to see higher cicada population than rest of state this summer as brood emerges
- Child trapped by fallen tree rescued from second-floor bedroom moments before floor collapse
- ‘We’re in a better place now’, vaccines head to Tennessee despite some mismanagement